Sunday, June 17, 2012

Beach Trip!!!

Since we were in North Carolina, we decided to take advantage of the fact that we were no longer in a land-locked state and go to the beach for the day!  The day started off cold, rainy and overcast, we got the the parking lot at the beach and ate out lunch.  Then we headed to the dock to catch the ferry over to the island. (We were the only ones on the ferry except for one couple) By the time we reached the island, it was blue skies, and sunshine, and had warmed up quite a bit! We walked up and down the beach and found some beautiful shells, and enjoyed catching some waves!




Sorry, I really didn't have a chance to take any pictures on the beach (we were so busy swimming) But it was such a wonderful day, and even more wonderful that we had wonderful weather!

4 comments:

  1. So glad that ya'll had a wonderful day at the beach! I told Jamie that we are going to have to go there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It was absolutely wonderful! NOBODY was there, we had the whole beach to ourselves and it was so quiet and peaceful!

      Delete
  2. Yes Tara, you have to go! there is no other place I think I'd rather be! It is such a beautiful retreat.

    Thanks, Rebecca Pearl, for saving this memory for us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! I just wish I'd taken more pictures!

      Delete

I read every single comment - they make my day!