Saturday, October 6, 2012

Pumpkin Square Recipe

Hello Friends!  Fall is finally starting to arrive here, and we are enjoying every cool day we get :)  Since it is starting to get cold, we got inspired to bake something pumpkin-ey.  So today, I am going to share the recipe we made, and I'm sure you'll love it! They are called pumpkin squares, and they taste to amazing.  It makes me want to sit, down with cuppa' tea and read a book :)  Anyway, below is the recipe, hope you enjoy!




1 pkg yellow cake mix (reserve 1 cup for topping)
½ cup (one stick) melted butter
1 egg
-Combine the above and press into a 9” x 13” pan, with only the bottom greased

1 can seasoned pumpkin
2 eggs
2/3 cup milk
(you will need to add sugar if you use the un-seasoned pumpkin.  In that case, follow the directions on the can for the amount of spices and sugar, but NOT for the eggs or milk)
-Combine and pour over cake mixture in pan

1 cup reserved cake mix
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ cup (half a stick) butter
¼ cup sugar
-Combine final ingredients and sprinkle over top
-Bake at 350 F for 45-50 min (I usually bake for an hour), or until knife inserted into center comes out clean.

Let cool completely and cut into squares.

As you can see, the bottom layer is a yellow-cake, the middle is a seasoned pumpkin mixture, and it's sprinkled with a crumb topping :)

 

10 comments:

  1. Yum! I will deffinatly need to try them out! But, Isabelle is more of the baker ; ) ;)

    Oh yeah! Since you followed my blog during my 40 follower giveaway, you can choos between a prize of a free, customized blog header, an interview on my blog, or a designed button for your blog that i will put on the side of my blog!!! You choose ; )

    Noelle : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would want the button :) when do you give them away?

      Delete
    2. I will just need to design a couple buttons for you to choose from, and, once you choose one, i will put it on the side of my blog with a link to your blog (If they click on the button, it will go to your blog) Tell me what ya think ; ) ; ) ; ) ; ) ; )

      Noelle : )

      Delete
    3. Okay. So does everyone win something or is it just a few. And can I put the button on my blog too?

      Delete
    4. Referring to the other comment - Will the button have a thing where someone else can take the button for their blog (like a code)

      Delete
  2. You have me in the mood for Fall baking! I know these bars must be delicious if a Melton baked them! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM!!! omg, that looks soooooooo gooooood!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Dad is a computer technologist (SP? an di don't know if that's the right name, he just works with technology where he works) so, i can ask him! He would deffinately be able to help me get a code on it!!! At first, it may just be able to be on my blog, and when people click on it, it will bring it to your blog. Am i making sense? I will ask my dad about the code! Oh, and, yes my 35, 26, 37, 38, 39, and 40 followers will win!!!

    Noelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I can't wait to make AND EAT these! Thanks, Rebecca!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I read every single comment - they make my day!