Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Mountain Trip: Day 2 & 3!

This is a pretty long post, so grab some tea, and take a seat :)

Hello friends! How are ya'll doing this week? Sorry, I have been procrastinating and have not posted day 2 and 3, but I see now, I have left some of my readers hanging, so I must write it now, before all of the Christmas busyness begins. With that being said, day 2! Well, the mysterious day 2, was actually Thanksgiving.  We had plans to go up to Grandfather Mountain, but a certain member of our family misread the fine print in the brochure and, as it turns out, Grandfather Mountain is closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas. (Future reference for any of you, who were planning on going) haha :)

We drove up there in the morning, so after we found out we could not go up, we found another trail nearby, and went hiking for a few hours...



 
When we reached the top, there was a BEAUTIFUL view!!




Dad just fooling around.
After we finished hiking, we went back to the hotel, and hung around for a while until it was time for Thanksgiving dinner.  Let me just say that Thanksgiving dinner was WAY better than I expected a hotel meal to be. They had so many choices and the best dessert - I was so full when we were done! Since we were all  so full, we decided to drive into the town, and walk around all the shops and stores.  Being 8pm, all the stores were deserted, of course, but it was fun to look in all the shop windows anyway.

This was in one of the shop windows, and I thought it was really cool :)

Well, that was day 2, now lets go on to day 3 :)

We woke up early, ate breakfast, and went Black Friday shopping! It wasn't your typical, Mall, Walmart, and Target run, but it was still so fun to walk around all those cute stores! One of the shops we went in, was a fudge shop, and it was soooo yummy! After we were done shopping, we went to the hotel, ate lunch, and headed to Grandfather Mountain. I'm not a fan of riding around in the mountains (too many turns and twists) but, that was the only way up.

As we neared the top, it quickly became scarier, and scarier, because it was so high. (I'm not a fan of heights)  When we finally reached the top, it was SO WINDY! Oh my gosh, I don't think I have ever experienced anything so windy before. It nearly knocked me over as I was trying to walk.  When we got out of the car, we immediately went up to the mile-high swinging bridge. Because it was so windy, the bridge was swinging, and I was so ready to get off. But my mom made me walk all the way to the the end, and now, I am glad I did, but at the time, I was so cold!





After we went across the bridge, we went to the little zoo area and saw the bears, cougars, and otters.  It was so funny because as we approached the otter area, (they had a glass wall around them) as soon as they spotted Dante, they came right over and started pawing at the glass :)


After that, we were pretty exhausted, so went back to the hotel, and sat in the lovely parlor, and chatted for awhile :)

Hope joyed that post - stay tuned, day 4 & 5, coming soon!



1 comment:

  1. It was so neat to see Dante and the otters! So glad you posted a video!

    ReplyDelete

I read every single comment - they make my day!